- Don’t Settle – find the best people who will be able to execute your mission with your core values – attitude and integrity is at least as important as the skill set
- Consider all resources when recruiting – do it yourself, staffing firms, head hunters
- Invest in finding the best people
- Odds of finding a great employee increase when you have a larger number of candidates to choose from
- When using staffing firms/head hunters negotiate a guarantee to replace employees who don’t work out
- Keep trying!
- Retain your workers by providing competitive compensation and benefits packages – be creative and flexible – one package does not fit all
- Retention is very seldom about money – work environment is increasingly important